Red by Night
This is a pre-book only event.
We recommend you book your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
14 May 2016
Experience the industrial might of the Black Country at Red by Night as skilled craftsmen, live demonstrations and hard-hitting street theatre bring the reality of ‘black by day, red by night’ to life.
Join us in our annual 'Night at the Museum' celebration when, along with hundreds of European museums, we'll be opening our doors after hours for this special evening event at half the usual admission price.
Witness the past come to life as we showcase the might of the Black Country with all the Museum's industrial areas in action. Sparks will fly, hammers will clang and smoke will rise as skilled craftsmen and costumed demonstrators recreate one of the hardiest landscapes England has ever known.
- Witness the industrial revolution and watch the Black Country story come to life with soundscapes, theatre and light shows
- Descend 'into the thick' of our underground mine
- Feel the heat from our famous rolling mill
- Experience thrilling street performances from our fire jugglers
- See a full scale replica of the world’s very first successful steam engine – the Newcomen Engine
- Meet 'Mr Newcomen', the man who built the world's first successful steam engine.
- Hear the sound of hammers clang and see sparks fly as re-enactors put on live demonstrations using centuries-old techniques
- Enjoy a selection of Black Country entertainment across the site as poetry, music and stories bring to life the history of the region
Plenty of tasty traditional food and drink will be on offer while you soak up the atmosphere and experience the Museum 'Red by Night'
- Prices & Booking Details
Prices & Booking Details
Tickets Now on Sale
Book Online or call our Bookings Team on 0121 520 8054
Half the usual admission price:
Child (3-16): £4.20
Event takes place from 7pm - 10.30pm
Check out the video from our previous Red by Night event