On the Move
Usual opening hours and admission prices apply for this event.
The BCLM UnChained Annual Pass is valid for this event.
Find out more about BCLM Unchained
18 February - 26 February 2017
Gear up for some serious fun over half term as you take a step back in time and discover all things ‘on the move’ that’ll be just the ticket for stopping half term boredom driving you crazy!
- Hit the road and take part in our transport trail as you explore 26 acres filled with all things on the move – make pit stops across the Museum as you go and discover a 1920s motorcycle shop, vintage busses and more
- Trot along to our canal arm and Racecourse Colliery and discover the role of horses in transporting people and goods around the country
- Take part in our hobby horse racing and have a go at building your very own rocket car to enter into our landspeed record contest.
- Get up close and personal with the rare historic cars in our 1915 Bradburn & Wedge Garage as you step back in time and discover the cars your parents and grandparents drove!
- Learn about the real life stories of the amazing inventors of the Black Country and discover the driving force behind some ingenious inventions and record-breaking races
- ‘Leg it’ down to our boat dock to meet with our guides who will take you on a tour and demonstrate how boats became a driving force behind the industrial revolution
- Challenge yourself to a card game at Bradburn & Wedge car showroom
Don’t forget, you can use your BCLM UnChained Annual Pass for this event.
Enjoy the delights of traditional family fun and playtime in the last century, banish boredom with traditional street games including hopscotch and skipping. Take up the challenge to see how long you can keep the hoop rolling in the hoop and stick game and test your skill with a cup and ball and the whip and top.
Not forgetting our usuals - you can also enjoy a trip 'Into the Thick', experiencing life in a 1850s coal mine, attend a Victorian school lesson and try our famous traditionally cooked.